Click on the year names (e.g: 2018) to read the log entries. The highlights are linked below. (What’s linked here may not appear in the actual log. This is not an autogenerated “blog”.)
- ongoing / tech log
- 2/16 Published You don’t need no stinking projects [dub version]
- 2/2 Gave a talk on “Intrustion Detection Systems” at Pythology. slides
- 8/16 Gave “ReasonML” talk at IndyJS meetup.
- 10/27 Attended Rust Belt Rust conference at Columbus, OH.
- 9/15 Gave “Scala for data science” talk at Data Science Indy.
- 8/2 Spacemacs talk at Vimindy. [Slides].
- 6/15 A note on how to crawl course websites gently
- 4/17 A note on how using zotero makes it easy to quote webpages, as a response to a twitter question about the utility of BibTeX.
- 2/10 Papers we love – Datascience Indy Kickoff talk slides.
- 11/29, started the links section
- 9/25, First meetup of GoIndy
- 9/8, DataScienceIndy meetup group has now crossed 250 members
- 8/26, Started Indianapolis Go User Group
- 5/6, attended Indy Mobile Developers meetup on “Hello world mobile apps with Xamarin” by Brad Pillow.
- 4/16, Wrote a jsPDF script to generate Daily Habit Tracker calendar.
- 2/14, Added notes on AWK
- 2/11, Attended Indy BigData conference.
- 2/4, Added citations page for the papers referred in various notebook pages.
- 1/30, Notes on learning R [resources].
- 1/28, Exploring weather data with R
- 1/19, Started reading Doing Data Science book
- 1/17, Notes on likelihood
- 1/12, Read Human variation in Overriding Attentional Capture
- 1/6, Started a “tech papers read” section. Bootstrapped with some earlier readings on sofware engineering.
- 12/19, Presented a talk – Introduction to iPython notebooks, at DataScience Indy meetup
- 12/10, released Treehopper, a visual dashboard for git built using Neo4j as part of my DBMS class at IUPUI.
- 10/30, created a github repo to demonstrate typical usage of pandoc. See beamer example directory.
- 10/19, added a quick introduction to nimrod programming language.
- 10/15, added notes on Neo4J graph database.
- 10/11, attended ErlangCamp at Nashville, TN.
- 10/4, attended Erlang factory lite 2013, Chicago
- 8/21, attended “Presenting Data and Information” workshop conducted by Edward Tufte. These are my notes.
- 8/14, added command line apps in python presentation to indypy github repository.
- 5/9, presented “A survey of datascience landscape” talk at DSIndy meetup. Slidedeck.
- 4/11, created the dsindy github organization to hold presentations and code created by datascience indy members.
- 7/10, btbytes.com is now 10 years old.
- 2/26, gave a talk on Flask at indypy’s web framework shootout. Code on github - todoflask
- 11/3, created pywsd, Python script to create UML sequence diagrams using websequencediagrams.com API. See the included Makefile for extended usage examples.
- 9/5, added a python script to import textpattern blog posts to jekyll.
- 7/28, presented “Does Python have the secret sauce to be web scale?” (video link) at PyOhio 2012.
- 3/3, create a new github repo to hold my dotjs scripts.
- 9/8, created a typeset version of Chuck Moore’s book: “Programming a Problem-Oriented-Language” in an effort to understand the use of Pandoc in creating large documents in multiple output formats.
- 3/26, added a demonstration of emacs keyboard macros
- 2/3, added notes on configuring couchapp with nginx
- 1/11, added notes on creating the aforementioned webapp stack.
- 1/9, added notes on an embedded webapp stack
- earlier posts (2005-2011) are archived.
- 8/29, created Rufflecat, a Google App Engine hosted “iPhone app”, that Indypy uses to hand out door prices.
- 5/1, wrote Move Over MySQL, SQLite is here!! for DeveloperIQ magazine (in print!)
- 1/2, started PyOFC2, a pyhon library to generate JSON required for Open Flash Chart. There is an example demonstrating how to use PyOFC2 with Django.
- 10/7, started webgen.py, a static site generator in python. code.
- 7/26, presented “Beginning web development with Python and Google App Engine” at PyOhio 2008. The example app i wrote for demo: Gappsites, a “made with X” type catalog site.
- 4/22 wrote “Speed up Python with Pyrex” article for DeveloperIQ
- launched this site as an open source software CD seller. See the wayback machine snapshot.