Ability to read type rules is an important skill when reading Programming Langauge theory papers.
The two books that have been mentioned in relation to learning type systems are:
- Types and Programming Languages by Benjamin Pierce
- Practical Foundations for Programming Languages by Robert Harper
- @Cardelli:1996:TS:234313.234418 PDF
- Uniqueness typing. See also: An Interactive Tutorial of the Sequent Calculus
- Fool’s choice: A tale of two types
- What are the safety benefits of a type system? - Programmers Stack Exchange
- How to crap-talk Ruby and Clojure when the authors of these languages are in the audience : programming
- Why Type Systems Matter | Matthias Endler ; August 2017.
- What is Hindley-Milner? (and why is it cool?) - Code Commit; HN