See also : Python3
- Intermediate Python – “Fluent python” by Luciano Ramalho.
“This repository contains the text for the Tiny Python 3.6 Notebook. it is a notebook containing curated examples for Python 3 as well as the new features found in Python 3.6.”
Alternate Python implementations
To Install Zippy:
hg clone https://bitbucket.org/ssllab/zippy cd zippy TBD
- Deciphering Glyph :: Python Packaging Is Good Now; August 2016.
- Cookiecutter – A command-line utility that creates projects from cookie cutters (project templates). See Example using cookie cutter for pandoc presentations.
- Python modules you should know
- 20 Python Libraries You Aren’t Using (But Should) [PDF] by Caleb Hattingh on O’Reilly.
- Peep. A “pip install” that is cryptographically guaranteed repeatable
- imutils – A series of convenience functions to make basic image processing operations such as translation, rotation, resizing, skeletonization, and displaying Matplotlib images easier with OpenCV and Python.
- The Python Graph Gallery – Visualizing data – with Python
- Getting the Most out of Sqlite3 with Python; See dataset and apsw.
- mahmoud/awesome-python-applications: 💿 Free software that works great, which also happens to be open-source Python.
Data science libraries
- agate 1.6.0 — agate 1.6.0 documentation
- dataset: databases for lazy people
- Python Itertools: For a faster and memory efficient code – Kanoki
- The key differences between Python 2.7.x and Python 3.x with examples
- “the not-so-simple intricacies of Python2->Python3” - oilshell comments on Python 3 and Firefox 57 (an observation)
Package management etc.,
Follow the packaging tutorial
- Use TestPyPi
- Short summary of commands:
python setup.py sdist python setup.py bdist_wheel twine upload --repository-url https://test.pypi.org/legacy/ dist/*
- Solving the Water Jug Problem from Die Hard 3 with TLA+ and Hypothesis
- Writing beautiful intelligent python – talk by Raymond Hettinger in Pycon 2015.
- profiling - Python profiler. HN; Aug 2015
- vprof - Visual Profiler; flame charts, memory usage etc.,
- Pyparallel – “An experimental, proof-of-concept fork of Python 3 designed to optimally exploit multiple CPU cores, fast SSDs, NUMA architectures and 10Gb+ Ethernet networks. Removes the limitation of the Global Interpreter Lock (GIL) without needing to remove it at all.”
- Replacing Python: Candidates.
A survey of various languages while keeping these considerations in
mind: speed, binary compatibility, safety, diagnostics, ease of
writing, shared libs, static typing, bounds of privilege, mutability,
C interoperability and asynchronous code. OCaml appears to be the
winner. This is written by the author of
- Setting up Emacs for python development including Pymacs, pyflakes, pep8, python-mode.el, python.el etc.,. Pymacs has detailed documentation (31pp) on their website.
- Python Tips – Intermediate Python
- Nov 2015; Python for High performance scintific computing (disussion)
- Python: Generators, Coroutines, Native Coroutines and async/await | Abu Ashraf Masnun -Parallelizing a Python Function for the Extremely Lazy - tdhopper.com
- The Little Book of Python Anti-Patterns — Python Anti-Patterns documentation
Via My Python Development Environment, 2020 Edition | Jacob Kaplan-Moss: * pipx · PyPI * Poetry - Python dependency management and packaging made easy. * VisiData