Object-oriented programming: some history, and challenges for the next fifty years
This article is based on a lecture given on 22ndAugust 2011, on theoccasion of the scientific opening of the Ole-Johan Dahl hus at the Universityof Oslo. It looks at the foundational ideas fromSimulathat stand behindobject-orientation, how those ideas have evolved to become the dominantprogramming paradigm, and what they have to offer as we approach thechallenges of the next fifty years of informatics.
- OOP Before OOP with Simula
- What would OOP without inheritance look like? By Ted Kaninski
- What’s wrong with inheritance? [Feb 2018]
- Functional inheritance vs prototypal inheritance
ACCU :: OOP Is not Essential; Oct 2019.
- Wizards and warriors, part two | Fabulous adventures in coding
- Wizards and warriors, part three | Fabulous adventures in coding
- Wizards and warriors, part four | Fabulous adventures in coding