- Erase your darlings: immutable infrastructure for mutable systems - Graham Christensen
- The best presentation on Nix package manager by Arian Van Putten I’ve read; Aug 2018.
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Nix (But Were Afraid To Ask) – Youtube talk by Edward Amsden.
- Nix, the PhD Thesis presentation by Philip Potter.
- You Are Most Likely Misusing Docker – you could be using Nix instead.
- What is Nix and Why you should try it!
- Nix, the purely functional build system by Alexei Bornoine. This is a pretty good introduction to set up nix and do a “Hello world!” app build. Pay special attention to the case study of HSLuv, a website that is built and deployed entirely using Nix. What makes this a good example to study is that the website uses multiple, disparate software systems (JDK, Haxe, Node.js etc.,).
- A Nix Terminology Primer by a newcomer
- NixOS: A lasting impression | Jeaye’s Blog Anders’ Blog - The NixOS Landscape - Nix, nixpkgs, NixOS – what the different words mean.
- Nix by example, Part 1: The Nix expression language – This is quite good; Oct 24 2019.
- Intro with python virtualenv/buildout examples.
- Nix Cookbook by Susan Potter.
- Control your packages with Nix created profiles! [Jan 2014]
- zalora has developed quite a nix packages and use it Production
- setting up development environments with nix is a good, hands-on intro.
- NixOS + Hydra + Nginx – setting up your own Hydra build server.
- Sander van der Burg’s blog: Setting up a Hydra build cluster for continuous integration and testing (part 1)
- Sander van der Burg’s blog: Setting up a Hydra build cluster for continuous integration and testing (part 2)
- NixOS and stateless deployment. good discussion on challenges with downgrade, packaging non-ELF binaries etc.,
- Nix adoption at Rhodecode [Aug 2015]
- A tour of nix – practice nix expressions in the browser [Nov 2015]
- Stack + Nix = portable reproducible builds [Dec 2015]
- Tinco.nl; discussion
- How to setup your own hydra server (video). Source code.
- Fully setting up a custom nix repository
- A historical perspective on Disnix
- nixfmt – Automatic code formatter for the Nix programming language.
- From Vagrant to NixOps - Mayflower Blog 2017
- NixOS Weekly
- nh2/nix-binary-cache-proxy: An NGINX caching proxy to serve the cache.nixos.org binary cache from your local network, ready-to-deploy with nixops
- Nix under the hood by Gabriel439 [Dec 2017].
Deploy software easily and securely using nix-deploy [Dec 2017]. nixos configs to study:
- Is there good explanation anywhere of the syntax of those files? I tried getting… | Hacker News
- Learn nix in Y Minutes
- A Gentle Introduction to the Nix Family
- Nix Language Primer | binary.phile
- Learning Nix by Example: Building FFmpeg 4.0 - Nedtes
- shajra/example-nix: a way to develop software with Nix
- How I Start: Nix - Christine Dodrill; Mar 2020.
- Testing Nix Packages in Docker
- https://cachix.org/ tied to my github account.
- Integration woes with docker containers and NixOS
- NixOS on prgmr and Failing to Learn Nix | push.cx .. and comments
Static Nix: a command-line swiss army knife.. looks promising to use even on systems where creeating
/nixis not an option. Can run
nixas an unprivileged user.
- Package a Django website – acelpb/acelpb: Configuration for acelpb.com
- Nix for Python developers | Asko Soukka
/etc/configuration.nixto add default packages. Run
nixos-rebuild switchto update the system to match the configuration.
cronis not installed by default (because nix uses systemd timersand users not allowed to have crontab by default too! quelle surprise. To do that you have to edit the
/etc/configuration.nixfile do any thing.