- Kubernetes: Getting Started
- What is Kubernetes? A primer on the popular open-source container management solution from IBM developerworks.
- GitHub Goes All in on Kubernetes - The New Stack
- 6 Reasons why CRI-O is the best runtime for Kubernetes — Project Atomic
- CRI-O and Alternative Runtimes in Kubernetes — Project Atomic
- The Kubernetes Effect; [Feb 2018]. HN
- some explanation of what kubernetes is; [Mar 2018].
- Kubernetes: The Surprisingly Affordable Platform for Personal Projects | doxsey.net; Sept 2018.
- The Cult of Kubernetes - Christine Dodrill
- Why I recommended ECS instead of Kubernetes to my latest customer
I had a similar experience myself with Kubernetes. The first time I tried to learn it, it was a bewildering morass of jargon—all those namespaces and containers and Pods and Deployments and Services and Ingresses just to get a simple HTTP server running! Then I read a networking textbook and everything made much more sense. The (arguably) most complicated parts of Kubernetes exist to solve networking-related problems—allowing hundreds of containers to talk to each other independently while hosted on a much smaller set of computers—so the networking textbook gave me a schema onto which I could hang all my Kubernetes factoids. Once I knew how Linux’s IP routing, iptables, and network namespaces worked, it was much easier for me to understand what exactly something like “kube-proxy” was doing. – In defense of blub studies