- Of Streams and Tables in Kafka and Stream Processing, Part 1
- Tales from running Kafka Streams in Production
- Kafka as Unix Pipes [Sep 2015]
- Kafka in a nutshell [Sep 2015]
- Notes from the First Kafka Summit – aviflax.com
- Alooma Live - Kafka Real-Time Visualization [Sep 2016]
- Visualizing the flow of data as it moves through a Kafka cluster – Log All The Things! [May 2017] ; enthusiast94/kafka-visualizer
- travisjeffery/jocko: Kafka implemented in Golang with built-in coordination (No ZK dep, single binary install)
- Apache Kafka Security 101 - Confluent
- Understanding Kafka Consumer Groups and Consumer Lag (Part 1) - DZone Big Data
- linkedin/Burrow: Kafka Consumer Lag Checking
- discussion around kafka 1.0
- Wingify Engineering - Leveraging Kafka Streams to reduce DB Hits
- War Stories: Kafka Partition Lag
- Building Reliable Reprocessing and Dead Letter Queues with Kafka
Logs/Monitoring and Kafka
- Monitoring in the time of Cloud Native by Cindy Sridharan.
- S. Derosiaux | Looking at Kafka’s consumers’ offsets
SMF – smf is a set of libraries and utilities (like boost:: for C++ or guava for java) designed to be the building blocks of your next distributed systems.
It is a write ahead log modeled after an Apache Kafka-like interface or Apache Pulsar. It has topics, partitions, etc. It is designed to have a single reader/writer per topic/partition.
Current benchmarks in milliseconds ==> 41X faster than Apache Kafka
LogDevice · Distributed storage for sequential data
is a scalable distributed log storage system that offers durability, high availability, and total order of records under failures. It is designed for a variety of workloads including event streaming, replication pipelines, transaction logs, and deferred work journals.