- Of Streams and Tables in Kafka and Stream Processing, Part 1
- Tales from running Kafka Streams in Production
- Kafka as Unix Pipes [Sep 2015]
- Kafka in a nutshell [Sep 2015]
- Notes from the First Kafka Summit – aviflax.com
- Alooma Live - Kafka Real-Time Visualization [Sep 2016]
- Visualizing the flow of data as it moves through a Kafka cluster – Log All The Things! [May 2017] ; enthusiast94/kafka-visualizer
- travisjeffery/jocko: Kafka implemented in Golang with built-in coordination (No ZK dep, single binary install)
- Apache Kafka Security 101 - Confluent
- Understanding Kafka Consumer Groups and Consumer Lag (Part 1) - DZone Big Data
- linkedin/Burrow: Kafka Consumer Lag Checking
- discussion around kafka 1.0
- Wingify Engineering - Leveraging Kafka Streams to reduce DB Hits
- War Stories: Kafka Partition Lag
- Building Reliable Reprocessing and Dead Letter Queues with Kafka
Logs/Monitoring and Kafka
- Monitoring in the time of Cloud Native by Cindy Sridharan.
- S. Derosiaux | Looking at Kafka’s consumers’ offsets
SMF – smf is a set of libraries and utilities (like boost:: for C++ or guava for java) designed to be the building blocks of your next distributed systems.
It is a write ahead log modeled after an Apache Kafka-like interface or Apache Pulsar. It has topics, partitions, etc. It is designed to have a single reader/writer per topic/partition.
Current benchmarks in milliseconds ==> 41X faster than Apache Kafka
LogDevice · Distributed storage for sequential data
is a scalable distributed log storage system that offers durability, high availability, and total order of records under failures. It is designed for a variety of workloads including event streaming, replication pipelines, transaction logs, and deferred work journals.
patchbay is a free web service you can use to implement things like static site hosting, file sharing, cross-platform notifications, webhooks handling, smart home event routing, IoT reporting, job queues, chat systems, bots, etc, all completely serverless and requiring no account creation or authentication. Most implementations need nothing but curl and simple bash snippets