- Why Haskell is beyond ready for Prime Time
- Intro talk on Haskell by SPJ
- Weaknesses of Haskell
- Jocellyn’s Blog - Why do I love Haskell more than Ruby?
- What Makes Haskell Unique, Part 1 - DZone Web Dev
- 10 Reasons to Use Haskell
2020-06-10: Haskell for imperative programmers is a series of short videos (10-15 mins) that are very good!
albohlabs/awesome-haskell – A curated list of amazingly awesome Haskell articles and talks for beginners.
- soupi/haskel-study-plan: An opinionated list of resources for learning Haskell; “This is great.” – Stephen Diehl
- Learn Haskell from Mark Karpov.
- bitemyapp’s Learn Haskell collection
- Haskell for kids
- How to read Haskell like Python
- Beginning Haskell tutorial by Stephen Diehl.
- How to desugar Haskell code
- What I Wish I Knew When Learning Haskell by Stephen Diehl.
- Pitfalls in Haskell
- Things software engineers trip up on when learning Haskell | William Yao
- Haskell reading list by Stephen Diehl.
- Another Haskell reading list on haskell.org.
- Haskell the hard way
- Tour of the Haskell Syntax
- 2014/11/17 How I start - Haskell
- 2014/11/17 Holy Haskell project starter – an automatic project starter with sandbox, tests and all the fixins.
- 2014/11/18 Intro to haskell
- 2017/3/1 how do you guys get anything done? : haskell
- Teaching Haskell For Understanding - Google Slides by Julie Moronuki (author of Haskell Programming from first principles).
- 2017/12/4 jagajaga/FP-Course-ITMO: Slides and other materials for functional programming lectures ITMO university
- 2018/2/20 Haskell by Example – one-to-one corresponding examples to “Go by Example”
- 2018/6/5 Codeworld: Haskell as a First Programming Language — Monday Morning Haskell
- My Haskell Journey from C#
- A thin slice of Haskell
- 2020/1/23 For Beginners by Julie Moronuki (aka
argumatronic); The post date says Jan 1, 1970… sure… reddit thread has good discussion.
- 2020/3/19 Notes for ‘Thinking with Types: Type-level Programming in Haskell’, Chapters 1–5 | abhinavsarkar.net for https://thinkingwithtypes.com/
Write Simple Haskell
Read Haskell code
- Reading Simple Haskell
- Peter Siebel attempts a Sudoku solver in Haskell. [Sep 2015]
- bravit/hid-examples: Examples to accompany the book “Haskell in Depth”
Video lectures and talks
- [Zürich Friends of Haskell]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2zfPMH_srjxUN5EYrfIhCw) including ZuriHac 2018 Beginner Session Saturday (uncut version) - YouTube
- Erik Meijer teaches functional programming fundamentals. Video series on MSDN’s channel9.
- Haskell tutorial by Derek Banas (recommended by Gabriel Gonzalez); related code for the video.
- Michael O’Church’s Summer Haskell Class slides:
- Introduction to Haskell at UPenn by Brent Yorgey, Joachim Breitner et al. This in my experience is the best introduction to Haskell in a classroom format you can find. The lecture notes are self-explantory and written in a conversational, easy to follow manner.
- CMSC498V – “Advanced Functional Programming Languages (Fall 2017)” taught by Dr Niki Vazou at UMD.
Developing with Haksell
- Haskforce – Haskell plugin for IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition [2014/10]
- A detailed guide to using Haskell-emacs mode (2011).
- Haskell Development on Emacs by Tim Dysinger (2014).
- Haskell Best Practices for Avoiding “Cabal Hell” -Experience report developing in Haskell by CTO of Capital Match; Nov 2015.
- An opinionated guide to Haskell in 2018 [Feb 2018]
- Infinite Negative Utility: Some Notes About How I Write Haskell [Dec 2017] – Good section on how to use list comprehensions.
- The Haskell User experience [Aug 2015]
- Introducing Haskell to a company
- I Released A Haskell Product!
- Development Tools for Haskell; Nov 2019.
- TechBookHunter/Free-Haskell-Books: A curated collection of free eBooks about Haskell
- Code World – an online playground for writing and executing Haskell code.
- Phil Wadler’s video lectures at University of Edinburgh
- Bob Ippolito’s “Haskell for Erlangers”; 2014. Good code examples of IO monads, and monads.
- Building Monad Transformers - Part 1 - Jakub Arnold Blog
- Haskell for OCaml programmers
- ocharles.org.uk– [24 days of Hackage 2012/2013]
- tel.github.io – [types of data, mutable algos in immutable langs]
- Justin Le
- Haskell for all
- Liam O’Connor
- Kwang’s Haskell Blog - Home
Blog posts / articles
- A bt client in Haskell
- using stack for haskell dev, from Sean Hess (Practical Haskell series).
- PROGRAMMING WITH EFFECTS by Graham Hutton, January 2015
- Using Mondads by Sean Hess is a good one on Monads.
- Distributed Systems in Haskell :: Will Yager
- Monads to Machine Code
- Rest API in Haskell | maciek.io
- Haskell Success Stories - Michael Snoyman’s blog
- Haskell idea plugin
- Haskell for Mac
- Haskell-tools A GHC based toolset for Haskell programming. Currently featuring Haskell-tools Refact, a refactoring framework.
- HyperHaskell – is a graphical Haskell interpreter (REPL), not unlike GHCi, but hopefully more awesome. You use worksheets to enter expressions and evaluate them. Results are displayed using HTML.
What are some of the low-friction ways of using Haskell?
- Pandoc – add custom elements, extract metadata from documents.
- Hakyll – build custom site renderers.
- Shake – build system where Make isn’t sufficient.
If you get
can't load .so/.DLL for when installing cabal package:
shared: True in
cabal sandbox init cabal init #to init a new proj.
inside the cabal sandbox.
www.btbytes.com/stack.yaml for dependencies.
stack new myproj cd myproj stack init brew install zmq stack exec ipython -- notebook
Note: iHaskell binary is installed in
Copied executables to /Users/pgowda/.local/bin/: - ihaskell
(not sure if the above two lines are actually important …)
Libraries and tools
- Real World Haskell. Free online version.
- Beginning Haskell: A Project-Based Approach Read Haskell Tutorial and Cookbook | Leanpub