Gist – http://gist.github.com/ is a small code hosting service provided by github. It is a convenient place to store:
- one-off scripts
- snippets of code that is reusable.
- Short HOW-TO notes that can save you time the next time around
- Funny, memorable, poignant texts that you got as a forward etc.,
See – Gist Index
vsouza/awesome-gists: A collection of amazing gists
I use the sublime text’s gist package to paste, edit and manage the gists directly from inside the sublime text editor. This is a very nifty thing I found out in Dec 2018.
- Exporting to CSV from MySQL.
- Given a CSV file with a header row, and at-least one row of data, output a SQL CREATE TABLEstatement by guessing the data type of the columns.
- Get date to set date. useful when you want to “copy” time from one system to another.
- Simple module for getting amount of memory used by a specified user’s processes on a UNIX system.
- Correct way to rsync a local dir to remote server.
- Kickstart a new Jekyll post from the command line.
- Programming in Python using Unicode Kannada. A simple hello world.
- Search using PyTyrant (tokyo tyrant).
- Extract title and metadata from a reStructuredText documentI fixed up the original program to make it work with Python3.6