- Chuck Moore – inventor of FORTH.
- A collection of links to FORTH articles and resources.
- My history with Forth & stack machines
- Shell Has a Forth-Like Quality | HN
- Thoughts on Forth Programming. comments.
8th-dev – modern programming language for mobile, desktop, server and embedded application development
Easy Forth a browser based forth + tutorial.
See also: Factor
Forth is the language that taught me (among other things) that its possible to break problems into pieces that are too small to understand the whole. I’m not sure really what to call this other than something along the lines of can’t see the forest for the trees. Its the opposite of having functions so large it takes hours to figure out what they do. In this case you have words that you can’t figure out what they do for days because the call graphs step across 300 different modules and 10k other words all of which are like “update-pie-with-apples” and comprise two other words “dup pie, apple-pie-update” or something. – via