various databases and what makes them interesting
- dbdb.io - Database of Databases
- CQL - catagorial databases. Open-source CQL and its integrated development environment (IDE) performs data-related tasks — such as querying, combining, migrating, and evolving databases — using category theory
Pinecone is a vector database written in Rust. Found it via – Rewriting a high performance vector database in Rust ; Oct 2022.
From this tweet by Phil Eaton , databases since 2017
We put a streaming engine in a database, so your team can build real-time data products without the cost, complexity, and development time of stream processing.
- redpanda (a Kafka replacement; have their own storage layer)
- TigerBeetle (written in ziglang )
- Neon — Serverless, Fault-Tolerant, Branchable Postgres
- Dragonfly ; drop-in replacement for Redis.
- risingwavelabs/risingwave: 🚀SQL stream processing with Postgres-like experience. 🪄More than a modern alternative to Apache Flink.