See Also: datalog
- Datalog educational system – (DES) is a deductive database system with Datalog, SQL, and Relational Algebra as query languages.
- Logic and database queries by Vardi, Barland and McMahan (2006) is an excellent introduction to Domain relational calculus (DRC) and Tuple Relational Calculus (TRC) with examples on how to convert those queries to SQL.
- How databases work a deep dive into how dbs work.
- Seven Databases in Seven Weeks Seminar – Fall 2014 from CMU.
- Comparing Database Types: How Database Types Evolved to Meet Different Needs | Prisma
Novel database technology
LittleD – SQL database for IoT, can run queries in 1KB | Hacker News ; Nov 2015.
Noria: data-flow for high-performance web applications; Dec 2018. See paper from OSDI‘18.
Noria is a new streaming data-flow system designed to act as a fast storage backend for read-heavy web applications. It acts like a database, but precomputes and caches relational query results so that reads are blazingly fast. Noria automatically keeps cached results up-to-date as the underlying data, stored in persistent base tables, change. Noria uses partially-stateful data-flow to reduce memory overhead, and supports dynamic, runtime data-flow and query change.
Noria comes with a MySQL adapter that implements the binary MySQL protocol. This lets any application that currently talks to MySQL or MariaDB switch to Noria with minimal effort.
- [1910.03118] The Query Translation Landscape: a Survey – A neat paper that discusses XPath, SQL, DocumentQuery, Cypher, SPARQL, and Gremlin and the various translation paths between them.