“The Endurance of an Unmanageable Language” - Some Were Meant for C; via ATS As a Systems Programming Language.
post modern C tooling - draft 5
Why not C?
C Is Not a Low-level Language - ACM Queue
- Learn C Programming With 9 Excellent Open Source Books - OSS Blog
- comp.lang.c Frequently Asked Questions
- C Craft notes by Ben Lynn on C vs many other languages. “C is the desert island language“
People and bloggers:
- cdecl; C gibberish ↔ English
C libraries and utilities to keep an eye on:
- Better String library
- lock-free data structure library
- uthash – simple data structures
- Compilers targetting C
- TrustInSoft/tis-interpreter: An interpreter for finding subtle bugs in programs written in standard C
C programming practices:
- C Programming Substance Guidelines from the Stronglink (a searchable, syncable, content-addressable notetaking system) project
- Lecture notes on Practical Programming in C.
- A rant on C (not by me)
- a critique of “how not to c”; Jan 2016.
- how to c; HN
- How I wrote a self-hosting C compiler in 40 days
- How to read C declarations.. say
int *(*func())();– C Right-Left Rule (Rick Ord’s CSE 30 - UC San Diego) – “func is function returning pointer to function returning pointer to int”.
Programming Language Theory etc., :
- Subtleties of the ANSI/ISO C standard by Robbert Krebbers, Freek Wiedijk of Radboud University Nijmegen.
we argue that the C standard does not allow Turing complete implementations, and that its evaluation semantics does not preserve typing. Finally, we claim that no strictly conforming programs exist. That is, there is no C program for which the standard can guarantee that it will not crash.
- Comments on The cost of forsaking C | Hacker News