“An intro to Rust” – talk by Ben Striegel
Live Coding session coordinated by Matthias Endler
Keynote by Rust core team:
- quite a few “first time to rust conf”-ers
- 2017 roadmap
- Buoyant - tokio user.
- 88 production user companies
- over 11,000 crates
Rust support for KDevelop by Emma G. :
- RLS does not have enough information to build KDevelop’s internal structures
Creative programming - Phil Fried
Traits and You: A deep dive by nellshamrell.
- After-party? (Is that the right word?) on First day organized by Facebook was at The Walrus.
- Lunch on first day at Condado Tacos [Thanks \@_bestra]. Very good tacos. Definitely worth a visit when you are around Columbus. The speciality of the day was pumpin spice taco (I did not try them).
- Visited North Market for lunch on second day. (Tasty momos and schwarma!). [Thanks Phil Fried].
- Some other folks I remember talking to – Bruce Allen (IBM), Saurabh Singh (FB), Arun Kulshreshtha (FB), Jake Goulding, Josh Matthews, Matthias Endler, Ian ?, S T?, Nika, Aaron Turon, Bruce Adams, …
- This rust community feels similar to PyOhio in 2008-2009. The python communities are now too big (PyCon, PyOhio) to be able to remember all the faces in the conference.. which makes it harder to feel a sense of connection. I’d definitely travel to another RBR if it’s in reasonable driving distance.
- Nothing like writing code (Live coding session) to knock off the mental freeze that comes with “new stuff”.