I read these texts on a daily basis.
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchitananda
- Śrīmad Bhagavad Gītā by Swami Dayananda Saraswati
- Prashnottara Ratna Malika of Sri Shankara Bhagavatpada published by Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham.
Excellent insights into human behaviour.
Alchemy is the right choice of word to describe the process by which some are able to create "gold" out of seemingly nothing (lead).
This book provides ample examples of such alchemy, especially in the area of advertising, marketing etc., Our "rationalistic" mind cuts off many avenues because they are "too dumb", "too simple", "too primitive", "defies logic" etc.,
- The Master and His Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World by Iain McGilchrist ‡
- The Darkening Age – Catherine Nixey ‡
- Beginner’s mind – Shunryu Suzuki ‡
- Prasnottara Ratna Malika – Parama Karuna Devi ‡
- Darwin’s tree of life – Michael Bright and Margaux Carpentier ‡ (Childrens book), recommended by _sh4
- Lord Jim – Conrad Joseph ‡
- Greek and Roman Lives – Plutarch ‡
- The life of Samuel Johnson – James Boswell ‡
‡ = own