- Random: Probability, Mathematical Statistics, Stochastic Processes – is a website devoted to probability, mathematical statistics, and stochastic processes, and is intended for teachers and students of these subjects. The site consists of an integrated set of components that includes expository text, interactive web apps, data sets, biographical sketches, and an object library.
- Probabilistic Models in the Study of Language textbook draft by Roger Levy.
- P values, the ‘gold standard’ of statistical validity, are not as reliable as many scientists assume.
- Visual explanation of conditional probability
- Probability Cheatsheet from the authors of Introduction to Probability – Blitzstein and Hwang
- The great statistical schism
- Common Probability Distributions: The Data Scientist’s Crib Sheet - Cloudera Engineering Blog
Books (to read):
- “Probability and measure” by Patrick Billingsley (3rd ed.) – graduate level material on measure theory.
- “Probability, Random Variables and Stochastic Processes” by Athanasios Papoulis – for probabilistic approach to statistics.
“Probability Theory (Courant Lecture Notes)” by S R S Varadhan – “overview of the basis of probability theory with some grounding in measure theory, and presents the main proofs”
Excel notebooks for – Fifty Challenging Problems in Probability.