NOTE: THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE. For MY personal reference only.
Some links on fasting/time restricted feeding etc.,
I’m on a day 4 of a water-only fast and have completed a two-week medically supervised fast as well as many other shorter fast.
As an anecdote, I can say water-only fasting in combination with a high nutrient density plant-based diet has helped me overcome some serious allergies and other health conditions. As an added bonus, I’ve lost 65 pounds from my peak weight over the last few years and my weight has been stable. It’s not a panacea, but I’ve found it to be a net benefit.
For those interested in a deeper dive on the benefits of water-only fasting and diets that try to mimic its benefits, as well as time-restricted feeding, see:
- Valter Longo, Ph.D. on Fasting-Mimicking Diet & Fasting for Longevity, Cancer & Multiple Sclerosis 
- Dr. Valter Longo on Resetting Autoimmunity and Rejuvenating Systems with Prolonged Fasting & the FMD 
- Dr. Satchin Panda on Time-Restricted Feeding and Its Effects on Obesity, Muscle Mass & Heart Health 
- Dr. Satchin Panda on Practical Implementation of Time-Restricted Eating & Shift Work Strategies 
Very interesting to hear your successes in light of the immune cell turnover effect that prolonged fasting seems to have (Valter Longo’s research).
FYI: these episodes also have a transcript and show notes not available at the youtube URL. Here they are…
This discussion may also be relevant to ketogenic diets where BHB is produced. See these two episodes focused on research on the ketogenic diet…
From slylos thread on reddit/r/fasting:
- ”…add some diet coke to your water fast (phosphoric acid), and take a mineral or multivitamin supplement.”
- ”…if you fast 2 weeks, and CR feed 5, then repeat, you’re fine unless you have genetic factors for deficiency, or really crappy food selection.”
- ”… Protein (fatty fish are A++), and minerals, are all you REALLY need, though fiber to help scour your intestines might be a good idea.”
- bone broth