See also: math study
- online math/TeX editor
- Math is not linear
- How has math changed your world view
- The experience of mathematical beauty and its neural correlates
Casual math books
- Foolproof and other mathematical meditations.. (see bottom of the page for the PDFs of the chapter.)
Discussions and recommendation sources
- Many gems were found by searching for “Multivariate calculus” on HN.
- Learning Math, post college
- How to develop a mindset for math
- Steve Yegge’s Math for Programmers
- Mathematics I Use
- Finite-Dimensional Vector Spaces by P.R. Halmos
Difference Equations to Differential Equations – synechism.org By Dan Sloughter, Furman University. written in verry approachable style.
- UVic Discrete Mathematics Study Guide “If you are in a 100 or 200 level discrete math class and you need supplementary notes, I suggest looking at these”
- Math Equations – a whole site dedicated to equations from mathematics and science.
- Desmos | Beautiful, Free Math Explore math with Desmos Graph functions, plot tables of data, evaluate equations, explore transformations, etc.,
- Blackboards. Prof Knill’s lecture notes on mathematics are wonderful. In the linked article he likes blackboards over whiteboards. I agree (may be because, all my formative years were taught using blackboards).
- Pauls Online Math Notes
- patrickJMT - YouTube
- What is the best (free) way to catch up on advanced math skills, when the highest level math you know well is simple algebra? : AskReddit
- Joseph Varghese Kureethara CMI: Mathematics for Everyone a list of 91 popular math books aimed at a general audience
- The Principles of Mathematics | Bertrand Russell