Considering how much time I spend inside iterm2, it seems baffling that I have not created a notebook (this one) before to capture the all the learnings, and customizations to my life easier!
Different scenarios to consider:
- using iterm with default shell (in my case it is
- using tmux insdie iterm with the default shell
- using emacs inside tmux inside iterm
- copy-paste should should work with rest of the system
- iterm’s copy-mode works with vim like behaviour by default, which is probably ok.
Some references to read later:
- Tmux, copy-mode, and OSX shenanigans.
- Copy Mode - Documentation - iTerm2 - macOS Terminal Replacement
- Making the clipboard work between iTerm2, tmux, vim and OS X.