Talk by Calvin H.P.
- serverless computing
- event driven
What runs on Lambda?
What kinds of things do people do with Lambda?
- they all produce asynchronous calls
- S3 – create/delete events .. are async
- Kinesis – firehose of events
- DynamoDB – validate and correct data
- API gateway
- mobile backend
- Scheduled events – like
- AWS IOT
- Alexa Events – echo
What does lambda cost?
- first 1 million requests/mo are free
- $0.20 1 million requests thereafter
Per compute time:
- First 400,000 GB-seconds of compute time/mo are free
- Lambda instances can vary based on RAM used
- for 128MB instance, you get 3.2 seconds free
- allows upto 1.5GB instances (266,667 seconds free)
- billing is in increments of 100 milliseconds
Let’s do Python with lambda
- includes stdlib
- includes AWS SDK library,
- you can bundle third party packages
- through the web
- no deps
- create an API endpoint
- lambda console -> functions
create new function
- select blueprint
- configure function
- python zen
import this def lambda_handler(event, context): return ''.join([this.d.get(c, c) for c in this])
- Cloudwatch metris to watch the logs.
- Calvin’s demo code
Lambda telephone game
- zendesk for ticketing
- the oncall person gets pages on an automated calls like pager duty.
- case studies
- AWS summit
- use more of
httpiein the shell!
My name is: PRADEEP I am a python.heretic