DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE. THESE ARE MY PERSONAL NOTES. CONSULT YOUR MEDICAL PRACTITIONER FOR ADVICE.
- Empty stomach intelligence (Fasting)
- Even With No Restrictions on Fat Intake, Mediterranean Diet May Help Prevent Disease - Daily News - TCTMD
- What I Eat | Chris Masterjohn, PhD
- Intermittent fasting may be center of increasing lifespan – Harvard Gazette
- The brain functional connectome is robustly altered by lack of sleep. - PubMed - NCBI; Dec 2015.
- Goodnight. Sleep clean
- How Sleep Deprivation Decays the Mind and Body - Seth Maxon - The Atlantic
- Real Men Go to Sleep - Alan Derickson - Harvard Business Review
- Deep into Sleep | Harvard Magazine Jul-Aug 2005
- Sleep Habits and Susceptibility to the Common Cold “Those with <7 hours sleep [were] 2.94 times more likely to develop a cold than those with >= 8 hours.”
- Sleep: Everything You Need To Know :: The Healthy Life :: Medium
- Sleep is More Important than Food - Tony Schwartz - Harvard Business Review
- Good sleep, good learning, good life
- Losing sleep undoes the rejuvenating effects new learning has on the brain
- Lack Of Deep Sleep May Set The Stage For Alzheimer’s : Shots - Health News : NPR
- arielf/weight-loss: Machine Learning meets ketosis: how to effectively lose weight. “Sleeping longer consistently appeared as the #1 factor in losing weight.” in this “quantified self” experiment.
- Can Cold Exposure Help to Prevent Weight Gain? – Noah Carl – Medium
- Radical diet can reverse type 2 diabetes, new study shows. Original lancet study. HN
“Weight loss was induced with a total diet replacement phase using a low energy formula diet (825–853 kcal/day; 59% carbohydrate, 13% fat, 26% protein, 2% fibre) for 3 months (extendable up to 5 months if wished by participant), followed by structured food reintroduction of 2–8 weeks (about 50% carbohydrate, 35% total fat, and 15% protein), and an ongoing structured programme with monthly visits for long-term weight loss maintenance.”
From a HN comment:
You can get quite a lot of food in 850 calories. Vegetables are pretty low cal. Below is a plan I just created that is less than 850 calories
TOTAL CALS -- 836 Breakfast: * 2 eggs - 156 calories Lunch: * 2 cups of spinach - 14 calories * 1 cup of bell peppers - 39 calories * 200 grams chicken breast - 226 calories Snack: * 1 banana - 105 calories Dinner: * 200 grams chicken breast - 226 calories * 1 cup of broccoli - 31 calories * 1 cup of bell peppers - 39 calories
- An average person of 70 kg has four grams of glucose in their blood. What happens when you drink soda, with 10 teaspoons of sugar?
- That Sugar Film
- Fed Up (on netflix)
- Sugar Coated (on netflix)
- The science of Fasting [Amazon Prime video].
Young biologists from the University of Southern California have overturned conventional wisdom and used molecular biology to demonstrate the powerful effects of fasting. This research suggests a wide-ranging potential, which could include treatments for the disease of the century, cancer. If these scientists are right, maybe our approach to disease and treatment will need a rethink.
- timed eating (9 hour window)
- do not have coffee during fasting, because the liver still has process it.
- see Satchidananda Panda
- “My circadian” app
- safe to eat fish – wild alaskan salmon, codd, white tuna
- garlic helps in removing mercury from fish consumption.
- switching on genetic switches – garlic, broccoli, kali, cauliflower, bok-choy, brussel-sprouts, broccoli sprouts have 100 times sulphoraphane than broccoli.. (polyphenols)
- Sulphoraphane can improve brain function. Activates pathways(?) that affect 200 genes? activates anti-inflammatory genes, … its a powerful cancer preventative.
- Sulphoraphane also takes out benzene in the system.
- chopping is the best way to sulphoraphane from kale, broccoli etc., but heating might reduce the active myrosinase.
- sprinkling mustard powder after heating releases sulpharophane.
- you can buy broccoli sprouts from stores like WF. But.. these sprouts are prone to bacterial contamination.
- broccoli seeds, crushed, chewed.. can produce sulphoraphane.. since myrosinase is unstable it is difficult to make supplements.
- learnt about .. “Trans cranial direct simulation”
- Dr Rhonda Patrick’s Supplement Brand List - Eat. Move. Hack.
Except during the summer months, the skin makes little if any vitamin D from the sun at latitudes above 37 degrees north (in the United States, the shaded region in the map) or below 37 degrees south of the equator. People who live in these areas are at relatively greater risk for vitamin D deficiency
- short intense exercise lik 10 minute cycling can be very benefecial can improve focus, problem-solving
- Age-Graded Calculator for Track and Field events.
Input your age and time or distance - it calculates your age graded result i.e what your performances relates to as a younger athlete.
Life and health span can be prolonged by calorie limitation or by pharmacologic agents that mimic the effects of caloric restriction. Both starvation and the genetic inactivation of nutrient signaling converge on the induction of autophagy, a cytoplasmic recycling process that counteracts the age-associated accumulation of damaged organelles and proteins as it improves the metabolic fitness of cells. Here we review experimental findings indicating that inhibition of the major nutrient and growth-related signaling pathways as well as the upregulation of anti-aging pathways mediate life span extension via the induction of autophagy. Furthermore, we discuss mounting evidence suggesting that autophagy is not only necessary but, at least in some cases, also sufficient for increasing longevity.
- Bryan Appleyard » Blog Archive Superman’s Grandad - Bryan Appleyard via First milestone with the De Vany diet – Trishank Karthik – Medium
to check out etc.,
- Home - The Personalized Diet related video? How to Personalize Your Nutrition Based On Genetics (Revised 3/19/15) - YouTube by Dr Rhonda Patrick.
Keto discussion by NNT
» Ketosis Lab Notes – Mitochondrial Suppression Disorder The Ethical Skeptic
The Blood type diet by Dr. D’Adamo.
Summary via webMD:
Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D’Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have.