A quick intro to developing with Elm
$ cd $ mkdir elmdev $ cd elmdev # install cabal if you haven't already $ cabal update # create a sandbox to play in. $ cabal sandbox init $ cabal install elm elm-server elm-repl elm-get # the elm binaries are under ./bin directory $ export PATH=`pwd`/.cabal-sandbox/bin:$PATH # test the setup $ elm Usage: elm [OPTIONS] [FILES] For more help: elm --help # Lets create a "Hello world" program $ cat >> hello.elm main : Element main = plainText "Hello, World!" ^D # lets compile the file $ elm hello.elm Generating HTML ... Done $ ls build hello.html # lets open the generated HTML file $ open build/hello.html # wait! it gets even better $ elm-server # open http://localhost:8000/ and click on "hello.elm"
- It appears that Elm could be an excellent choice for creating data-heavy visualizations.
- “Elm has an interesting type called Signal. A signal is a value which changes over time.”– via
- Planet Elm
- Getting off the ground in Elm: project setup
- Elm shakes me like a monkey
- Fractals for Fun and Profit | Gideon.Smdng.nl
- MVC in a Reactive World
- Mailboxes in Elm
- Optimistic UI and Reactive Programming with Elm
- Visualising Elm
- Real world Elm - part 1
- Zombie dice score card in elm
- Minesweeper in Elm
- Typed up CRUD SPA with Haskell and Elm - Part 1: Spike time
- Elm bark
- Faithful Elm and the Amazing Router; June 2016.
- Functional Programming, CMSC 22300, Winter 2015 – Purely Functional Data Structures in Elm at uchicago.
- Elmlang For Beginners | knowthen – free video tutorials (have to register.)
- A nice app on Elm Street; Sep 2019.
- Learning Elm by porting a medium-sized web frontend from React; Oct 2019.
- Examples on elm website
- Elm by example by Grzegorz Balcerek
- Evolution of seen Elm through it’s changelog
- Online editor
- 3D library
- other 3rd party libs
- Mcmaster outreach hall of fame – code written by 4th graders in Elm during a workshop. Mentioned by Evan in his 2015 CurryOn! talk. – Elm Tutorial
- Game of life using Elm, Jul 2015.
- Zombie Dice Card game in Elm and Clojurescript
- github.com/imeckler – a contributor to Elm has few code repos. Also see his blog – parametricity.com
- Elm Koans
- True cost
- Built With Elm
- Sketch-n-Sketch by Ravi Chugh.
- Purely Functional Data Structures in Elm – Functional Programming, CMSC 22300, Winter 2015.
- Elm playlist; Nov 2015.